Summer is the time for grilling out with family after long runs and summer activities.
We want to share one of our favorite (and easy) grilling recipes!
A fun and easy way to grill out a healthy and delicious assortment of proteins and veggies is definitely kebabs. Just take chunks of veggies and proteins and stick them on a skewer, leave them on the grill, and voila!
Smoky Maple Chicken on Skewers
Ingredients: (serves 4)
- 1 pound cut chicken thighs (chicken thighs provide muscle friendly protein and are a moister choice than chicken breast)
- 2 zucchini (cut into 1" rounds)
- 2 bell peppers (cut into 1" chunks)
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 canned chipotle pepper in adobo sauce, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Thread the chicken, zucchini and bell peppers onto skewers
- Whisk together sauce ingredients and brush half of the mixture on the kebabs 15 minutes before grilling
- Heat grill over medium-high heat
- Cook kebabs, covered, turning once - Grill time: 10 minutes
- Brush remaining sauce halfway through cooking
- Top with chopped chives as garnish